Hi guys ... It has been a while. Since I was the guy who had nominated Jack to win the Home Theater makeover, perhaps a timeline will help.

http://forum.av123.com/showthread/.php?s=&threadid=4106&highlight=makeover

That was the original thread post from MLS (on July, 18, 2004) regarding this makeover. I had "met" Jack on the Hsu forum around the end of January when (Wid, if you are reading this, you remember) several Hsu forum members were bashing me for attempting a blind subwoofer shootout between SVS and Hsu ... Jack pretty much stepped in and told the guys he was embarassed at their treatment of a "guest" ... and we became friends.

Over the next few months, during some of the reviews I muddled through, Jack and I harassed each other, and still do. I also learned a lot about his life ... the military service, how he was taking care of his mom, and his personal situation.

At the time the makeover was suggested, I thought of Jack, because it would include (besides speakers) electronics, DVD player ... etc... AND because, of all the people I had seen posting, I could not think of a better person to nominate.

I sent the e-mail to MLS on the 18th, with a "mini-biography" of Jack - with no mention of Jack's current equipment, just stuff about the MAN.

I did think it would be cool if Jack had both Rocket and Axiom speakers, as I do here.

Anyway, MLS e-mailed me, within a couple of days of my e-mail to him (about the 20th of July), a quick note that Jack would indeed be getting a makeover, and asked that I get him a list of Jack's current gear.

BTW - I believe I am the only guy who owns Axioms, Rockets, AND Ascends. And if Ian wanted to do a home theater makeover, I would likely nominate .... another Cleveland area native I have gotten to know who LOVES home theater, and is the Dad to a truly special needs little girl ... HE works literally 70 hours per week to do what needs done for her...

Ok ... rant over.