1. Thank you.

2. We do not know what Ray paid for his speakers. I cannot say that the amount he paid failed to offset the value of my gift, but then, you can't say it did. So no profit can be assumed.

3. According to my Webster's: Makeover - to change; renovate.

And just to avoid any misunderstanding: Renovate - 1. to make fresh or sound again, as though new; clean up, replace worn and broken parts in repair, etc. 2. to refresh; revive.

Nothing in any of that about "a substantial upgrade." I will admit that, because of the words misuse, it is not unusual for people to make the erroneous inference that it has something to do with upgrading, but that is NOT implicit in the word. It is about making something "like new," which by definition my "makeover' did.

It's kinda like the word audiophile, which according to my Webster's is "a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction. Regrettably, it has been bastardized to mean roughly "an EXPERT on high-fidelity sound reproduction," and is readily adopted by those who are far from being an expert.

So, while I am indeed, according to the dictionary, an audiophile, as are all of us here, I am loathe to use the word, particularly in reference to myself, whom I would hardly classify as an "expert" on sound-reproduction. I, in fact, find myself involuntarily wincing each time I hear spoken or see it written.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton