In reply to:

I put my faith in Ian and Amie and the gang, and assume that if this policy were hurting the company, it wouldn't exist.

I agree... and think the 30 day trials are necessary for Axiom. How many people would order speakers without hearing them if there was no return policy available?

But if someone really thinks they want the 80s, but order the 60s first to try, I don't think Axiom is going to see any benefit of the more expensive speaker sale by time they pay shipping 3X for the original order and return and now the new order.

I agree ... I'm sure they know what they're doing. But that doesn't mean that we shouldn't at least be aware of making casual recommendations that represents a part of their operating costs. I think some members forget that someone (either the Axiom folks or future customers by way of price changes) does pay for those shipping charges and perfectly good speakers that must be sold at a lower price.

And, I don't think it's just an Axiom issue. I think many, many companies are hurt in some manner by customers who make purchases on a whim, without doing their homework (or worse) deceptively only to make a return to the seller.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::