Spence:

I have my QS8 wall mounted, and the left one is about 2-3 feet further than the right one (from the TV-center plane). I have a window and a panel that didnt let me put them simmetrically. It does not bother at all the surround effects, but the speakers levels in the preamp I had to adjust them as one speaker is therefore closer to the listening position than the other. My preamp allow me to individually adjust the SR and SL levels, and I have notice that some receivers dont do it.

The enveloping effect of the QS8 does forgive this small discrepancy at my listening position. The only thing i can notice is that sometimes, is some movies, I can identify which speaker is closer to me, maybe because I cant set a specific time delay for each speaker, just for the surround pair. Sometimes I think is just psychological the fact I can detect a 2-3 feet difference with my ears just because I know they are assymetrical, but is something that maybe will bother you in an assymetrical configuration. As Ajax mentioned above, setting he right distance/time delay will solve that and it will go fine.

My QS8 are about 3-4 feet from the ceiling. I guess that if you can provide that separation, you will be alright. Either option will give you satisfying results, and if you can locate them simmetrically with some nice decor, then go for it, it will ease you setup.

Can you temporary mount the QS8 and give them a try in the mentioned configurations before fixing them?

Last edited by aabouganem; 12/28/05 03:24 AM.