I can test positions using the "ladder method" to see how they sound. I'm inclined to mount them to the wall as I've got the "full metal brackets" for both side as well as the second pair of QS8s that will be mounted to the rear wall.

Using ladders and testing positions should be no big deal as the ceiling will be the last part constructed for the area.

My aging "flagship" Onkyo (TX-DS989) has full configuration for speaker distances of up to 30 feet from listening area so I should be all set (providing it still works after over a year in storage... the wait is killing me and I'll probably cry when I hear my Axioms for the first time... but I digress).

Seating area will be beneath a support beam, with an enclosed post to the right. The mounting wall is another 7 to 10 feet to the right of the post.

If I mount the speakers on either wall, they will be seperated by about 25 feet, and about 2 - 3 feet ahead of the seating area. If I mount them from the ceiling (beneath the framed HVAC duct) they will be about 15 feet apart, but may be placed to either side or slightly behind the seating area (any preference?).

With either mounting location, I'll be able to angle them down toward the listning position.

GAWD I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THESE! When done, I'll have a 27' deep by 25' wide, 7.1 channel home theater with the equivelent of an Epic Grand Master 350 v7.1 speaker system (and a "suplimental" secondary 15" down firing Cerwin Vega sub).

I've come a long way from my first Kenwood AV system & tower speakers!

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds