SirQuack? Thanks for the info on the brackets, they are indeed "shiny" (that's "Cool" for those of you "non-Browncoats"... by the way Serenity is one awesome sounding movie recently released on DVD, it would do any Axiom speaker system PROUD!!).

...but I digress (yet again). SirQuack-man? You speak of Menard's. I've always thought of Menard's as a small regional chain. Where are you located? If you're in my neighborhood (Madison WI), I'd love to invite myself over to listen to your system. I'll check out those brackets, but leaning toward the FMBs that I've already purchased (rather than go to the hassle of selling them on eBay and losing money, plus, I like that they allow for easy adjustment when aiming).

Bugbitten? Roger on the SPL meter! It will however, have to wait for "fine tuning" as it is currently buried (along with aforementioned 7.1 channel receiver, not to mention y sorely missed 800+ title DVD library) inside the bowels of my storage area, to be emptied once carpeting is laid.

Thanks for the reassurance JohnK! I'm feeling better about my HT design (40% pre-planned, 60% made up as I go).

This forum is fantastic! Thanks again for the assistance!

Spence

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds