First child yes. Proudly adopted on the other side of the world (Siberia - see my avatar, taken upon our first meeting - it was love at first sight)!

I take the good with the bad (90% good). Unfortunately my wife caters to her, which only serves to "feed the beast".

Second night in a row that she's woken up at around 3:00 a.m. The funny thing (and I wish I'd have been awake enough to grab a camcorder) was that after she went back to sleep, she began to sing... LOUDLY! Of course she's only three and she was sleeping so I couldn't make out any words, but there was a definate melody hidden in her slumberous solo!

We are planning a return to the same region for a second child, with the hope to bring Lexi ("Alexandra" who's given ...now middle name is "Anastasia") along to see her homeland and meet her new brother or sister. We also hope to meet up with the lifelong friends who helped us while we were in country.

More info on our little adventure is on www.spencesplace.com (which sadly, was last updated from Moscow while on our way home in September of 2003).

Time to get back down to the basement! The drywall guy begins work tomorrow!

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds