Lets try this. Here "should" be the photo that I was speaking of in an earlier posting which shows the "cut & pasted" locations for my QS8's.

Since posting that photo, I've decided to place my side surrounds directly onto the walls (between two and five feet out from where they are in the photo). I am also taking the advice of a helpful forum member, in that I will be spreading out the placement of my rear speakers a bit more than is pictured.

The photo was taken in the spot to be occupied by my HT display so things are a bit reversed. The silver 6" duct running between the joist is centered on where the screen will be. I've got four 6" recessed lights spaced equal distances to either side of the duct and another four lined up in a single row, behind the area where the HVAC will be framed in.

The wall to the right is 9' from center, the wall (single stud at end of wall is visible) to the left is 12' from center. The under edge of the beam (with HVAC ducts behind it) will be the lowest point in the area at around 6' 8" or so. All other ceilings will be at 8'. You see placement of the post (which houses dimmer controls for the HT lighting, along with phone & LAN jacks). QS8 on the left will be well away from the post, so the post shouldn't effect imaging too badly.

Can't wait to get 'er done! Thanks again gang!

Spence

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds