Like most families, we have had our share of spats, arguments, and out-and-out fights on the boards. A number of suggestions came up over various threads in the last couple of days, and I think it would be a good idea if we talked about them.

I think it's unrealistic to ask people not to post about any controversial topics since you're such a chatty bunch, but I think we can look for a solution to this so that it doesn't result in members being offended enough to leave over them.

As a first suggestion, we can make a new section for this sort of thread - an 'at-your-own-risk' sort of place to bring up those topics that you are burning to discuss. As part of this, I think we should also move threads that become hot in those ways down to that section. Typically we haven't taken a really active moderator role in things like that, but if that is the next evolution of the boards than I guess we should.

For those of you who don't know Axiom's stand on people's posts and deleting them, we do believe that you stand on what you have said. I think that constantly deleting offensive posts in fact encourages them - people figure the insult will magically be erased and I don't think that is healthy. Just my opinion.

I would also like to point out that we now have the option of putting someone on our 'ignore' list, and that might be a good idea to use as well.

There's my piece - please reply with your thoughts and hopefully we can come to a resolution. Eg - assigning one of our crazy new graemlins to let other members know - gently - that they're crossing a line! Better suggestions welcome.