You brought up some very good points, Jack. The one thing that drew me to this forum in the beginning was an overall sense of tact. I liked that it was a place where a "newbie" could come in and ask some basic questions to get started in the audio hobby. I didn't get a sense of "my way is the only way and right way to do things," but more of a "let us know what you are looking for and we can steer you in the right direction." I don't know, to me it seems there are more hard-edged stances on topics now which leaves little room for discussion. I don't have any specific examples, but more of a general feeling.

The idea of us being proprietary about the board is a major point. This may lead to "outsiders" being shouted down on hot-button topics.

Well, I'm kinda at a loss for words here. Seems to be too many things to talk about.

There are much more good things about these boards than bad. As in all things, though, the squeaky wheel gets all the attention. There are a lot of good people here that I've enjoyed interacting with. And yes, there are some less than favorable participants that stir up all sorts of crazy action, but they generally don't stick around long.

I like the fact that we do a pretty good job of policing ourselves. Having a de-sensitized zone just begs for all sorts of ugliness.

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose