I should have added:

Maybe one of the "Post Icons" can be a RED mad face to warn others..... kind of a self-imposed PG-13 or "R" rating!

And, I should have added that I believe we always have to take our hosts into account.

As has come up recently, these are not "my boards" (or "your boards"). They are Ian's and Amie's....they allow us to be here at the risk of us embarrassing them, pure and simple. And make no mistake, we ARE, to some degree, representing Axiom here, especially among newcomers. We shouldn't be using a tone that we wouldn't use if we giving a tour through the Axiom plant to a bunch of potential customers.

The whole reason I posted the "Brokeback thread" was to get others' opinions on whether or not the text would help or hurt the photograph. I was NOT asking for opinions on homosexuality. It's unfortunate that it turned into that, because that was not the point.

This is:

I understand that there's more to this world than the U.S., and that there's more to the U.S. than New Hampshire, and that there is more to N.H. than my own opinion. Things that may be (or may NOT be) accepted here are likely to be different in other countries, states, provinces and minds. The variety of members here is exactly what makes it interesting to take part in a variety of discussions and exactly why I thought these boards would be a good forum for the question, despite it having nothing to do with audio. It is exactly that variety and the (mostly) dignified way we discuss our different opinions that I treasure about the people here.

I'd hate to lose that because sometimes we forget that we can just walk away from a discussion, rather than making it insulting, or personal, or offensive and embarrassing to our hosts.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::