Just a quick thought:
It's generally accepted that on any internet forum, the line gets drawn at attacking another member. Short of that, I don't think we need to ban certain topics.

By and large we are friends here. As people with a common interest, we will likely discuss speakers, amps, speaker wire, movies and music. But as friends, we will likely share (and sometimes take an interest in others') opinions on religion or politics or color of motorcycle.

If discussion about these things bother you, don't read or participate in the thread!. It's as simple as that. The reader has the choice. Sometimes the reader makes the choice to get involved only to say "No Fair! I don't like this topic or that opinion so let's make it go away!" Walk away.

I don't like coffee ice cream, despite being in the minority. Mint chocolate chip? I could go overboard and eat more than what's good for me. I don't ask my local ice cream shop to ban either. My choice; my responsibility for that choice.

What in the world ever happened to taking personal responsibility? Why should the forum as a whole be censored because of a few that just can't help themselves from getting riled up?

"Just walk away!"

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::