ugh... i think only one or two of you actually answered my original question! (thank you!). i bought the Anti-Cables because they are cheap and people are saying good things about them. it just so happens that (gasp!) they changed the sound of my speakers. there is no denying that fact. like I said, come over (with an open mind) and we'll have a few drinks. I'm in Toronto.

for the rest of the haters: no offense but i don't care about your beliefs. i didn't make up the differencs I heard between cables, the cables made my speakers sound better. period. maybe you're just jealous that I could (at one time) justify $1200 for a set of cables and I could still afford to go out to dinner that night, I don't know and frankly I don't care. with all due respect, the wannabe scientific, so called, "audiophiles" need to get their heads out of their asses long enough to actually LISTEN and forget about applying the scientific method to what they are HEARING. you're clouding your judgment by continually comparing and contrasting what you are hearing to a bunch of crap someone has written, scientifically proven or not. I can't explain it, I don't care to, nor was my question, "could someone please explain the sonic and scientific differences between 14/2 Romex and Kickass Super Duper Sound Cruncher 4000 cable?".

When I get my Axiom's I will listen to them objectively and with a couple of different cables and I'll gladly report back to those who care. However, I'm sure there are many of you who will throw their lamp cable argument in the ring because, I dunno, maybe it makes you feel intellectually superior to we cable "believers".

I'm going to agree to disagree here, which is pretty much how these kind of things always end if they don't end in all out war.

If anyone else cares to answer my original question about Anti-Cables please chime in. Otherwise I'll go post some controversial stuff elsewhere on the board :P

cheers!

-d

(oh boy, this should get interesting now. and i'm sorry if we all got off on the wrong foot here. i'm really not a post-whoring troll, honest!)