I am amazed, that this subject STILL creates so much "drama".

Look, let's use logic, and common sense.

OBVIOUSLY, for "high end" speaker cable manufacturers (like Monster, etc.) to STILL be around after all these years...(I got my first set in the 70's)
MEANS,.....that there HAS to be something to it.

IF they, and all the other brands,types, and configurations, did NOTHING.....then the very cables some of you guys seem to loath, would not exist.

Eventually, word of mouth (the very thing that promotes "exotic cables") would have LONG, LONG, ago, done in the concept.
So-called "snake oil" products come, and go (key word here is GO) all the time....BUT EVEN MORE brands, and types of "cables" are with us today.

Although, I have NOT heard any sonic benifits from my interconnect cables.....
I HAVE, (as stated in the past here), heard minor, pleasing, sonic benifits from my bi-wire speaker cables.
I personally, cannot justify spending hundreds, or thousands of dollars on ANY cables, but I can't say (not having heard them) that all the different types out there don't work, or have NO sonic value.

EVEN IF my cables did nothing for the sound quality.....I would STILL buy them, (or a similar brand, and type) for the factory ends, wire gauge, and gold connectors,....... CLEARLY a superior signal pathway/connection.

I think using almost ANY type/brand factory cable, with gold ends, is still FAR better, than ANY lamp cord.

They call it lamp cord for a reason........it's for LAMPS, NOT AMPS.

LIFE: "Choices, balance, and timing"

(Larryism)