I ordered the Anti-Cables when I had my McIntosh MA230 refurbished for something good to use while auditioning speakers. My thought was that they are inexpensive to try and the science behind their working well made sense to me. So far, I've been very happy. If you check out Paul Speltz' Zero-former web site and read the testimonials, you are not alone by any means as to getting as good or better results than with cables costing in excess of $1000 dollars or more.

There seems to be a lot of "smoke and mirrors" in the audio wire business (and psycho-acoustical B.S. as well). I wanted something that made sense for the least amount of dielectric loss, which all wires with any kind of heavy coating (teflon, etc.)increase. Different configurations of multiple strands and materials do wierd things, as well.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, if it gives you the synergy between your amp and speakers that you want. Unlike the guy who responded that uses 16 gauge zip, I noticed a huge difference in sound between 16 gauge Acoustic Research HT wire and the Anti-Cables when auditioning a pair of speakers at an audio shop using my Mac... so cables and ICs, can make a difference. The bottom line is, is the result what you like to hear? I wanted to start with something I believed would deliver the least degraded signal and go from there.

That so many people have bettered or equaled cables costing ridiculous amounts of money (as well as 2 "audiophile" magazines) bares out the scientific principles that apply to Anti-Cables. My only gripes with them is they're a pain to wrap and set up when taking my amp around to audition speakers (permanent set up will be just fine), and the vintage spades supplied for hook up to my Mac were a little too big. I ended up breaking a divider fin on the Mac's barrier strip (no biggie)... but I'm a believer in the product, and that anyone who doesn't try these first before spending so much more for (let's face it) 2 wires is just plain foolish.