I don't feel like I can live up to Jack's prose today, and his eloquence seems to have had no effect on the level of discourse, anyway, so in the spirit of the intolerance displayed by the original poster and the context of our fourth gray month in a row...

Quote:

they changed the sound of my speakers

How do you KNOW this? Did you do double blind listening? I'm quite sure they changed your perception of the sound of your speakers, and they may very well have changed the objective sound, but how can any of us know for sure?

Quote:

or the rest of the haters:

Okay, I'm going to call BS on this. I didn't hear anybody "hate" anything, and for you to tar multiple, unspecified individuals with the term "hater" is inflammatory bigotry, at best.

Quote:

no offense but i don't care about your beliefs

I tell my children that if you have to start a sentence with that disclaimer, you obviously KNOW it is going to offend someone and you ought not say it. If you don't care about other people's beliefs, why ask a question on a public message board?

Quote:

maybe you're just jealous that I could (at one time) justify $1200 for a set of cables

Maybe I'm just jealous of your superior intellect or golden ears. Your assertion was the most condescending thing I've read in a long time. Grow up.

Quote:

frankly I don't care. with all due respect, the wannabe scientific, so called, "audiophiles" need to get their heads out of their asses long enough...

Entirely disrespectful and uncalled for.

Quote:

and i'm sorry if we all got off on the wrong foot here. i'm really not a post-whoring troll, honest!

Hogwash. You're not sorry and you are a troll.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem