Quote:

The image stabilization in the body was appealing to me from a price standpoint. I’d pay for it once, and not every time I bought a new lens.

I'm the opposite... I'd rather pay for the image stabalization that will work BEST for the lens that I'm using. When I have my 500mm f/4 (a 3 foot long 10lb lens) it needs a different level of vibration reduction/image stabilization than when I'm using my 70-200mm (1 foot long 3lb lens).

Quote:

There’s been too many times I want to take a scenery picture at dusk, or night, and screw it up because I can’t hold the camera still enough.

IS will help with those situations, but so will faster film (the Canon bodies go up to 1600 and 3200) and faster lenses (the f-stop of a lens). Exposure is a triangle... and if you want to get a given shutter speed (typically 1/focal length for most static shots) then you either need more light or faster film. IS can help in these situations a bit, but it's not a save all... besides, that's what a tripod is for

Quote:

You have one heck of job there Todd. It must be hell having to go to the races all the time. ...Great stuff.

Thank you. It's definitely work (I shot two events last weekend alone)... 14 hour days of shooting and then several long nights to get the images processed and submitted to clients. It is fun, but very much work.

-Todd...