Congrats on the decision! That combo sounds great. Olympus makes great equipment. My first digital camera was a little Olympus point-and-shoot, and it was a heck of a nice camera at the time.

I have heard of 17th Street photo, but I don't directly remember if it's + or -. It looks like they're a good one from the ratings here .

Now I don't wish to alarm you, and it's likely that your transaction will go through without a hitch, judging from the feedback they've received. But just in case it doesn't, I can tell you what some of the 'scammy' stores do...

They will call you on Monday and try to 'upsell' you to a different model, or tell you that you need to pay $xxx more for the US Version. Sometimes they will disguise this sell as a 'your credit card didn't go through', or 'address verification' or some such nonsense. They very often call and will try to sell you accessories (which sometimes can even be the manual for the camera). I have heard stories that cameras were suddenly out of stock when people refused to buy the vastly overpriced accessories. I've also read stories of cameras just never arriving and credit card charges sticking for weeks before being resolved. I have heard stories of folks receiving grey market goods when there were supposed to be genuine US stuff. That's a pretty common tactic with some of the lowball-price places.

The internet can be a wild place to buy cameras!

When you receive your stuff, I'd just make sure you have all of the US Warranty cards and that any serial numbers match between boxes, documentation, and product. If any of it is suspect (photocopied manual, missing warranty cards, opened boxes, missing charger, etc) then be wary.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/02/07 08:57 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office