Thanks again for the info. 4.3…got it Mark!

Peter,

One buddy has the Nikon D80, and another has the Canon 30D. Both of these guys have gone off the deep end with their systems and have more lenses, flashes, multipliers, double battery kits, etc….. than I can ever imagine needing, but understand how one can get carried away with a “hobby”. But anyway, I’ve played a little with both and thought they were just too big for lugging around while traveling. That’s why I’m looking at the little fellers. So I figured that I’d pick up a little guy for traveling, and possibly one of the full sized guys for around home shooting and I could use the same lenses. Then I stumbled onto the Olympus cameras while surfing reviews on the smaller cameras and they always seam to compare them to others, which the Evolts are compared. So although price does weigh in on my choice, it’s not the driver for looking at the small cameras. It's convenient carrying more than anything.

Thanks for all the information on Nikon, especially the lenses. That’s all very helpful. My fall trip isn’t really a trip of a lifetime or anything all that special. I like to travel and go somewhere every year for a few weeks. I took a pocket camera with me on last year’s trip and was very disappointed with the photos when I got home. I’m looking for a win-win here. IE: small enough for convenient traveling, but takes one hell of a picture and wont be a complete waste of money, or obsolete in 12 months. These Digital SLR's apear to be the best solution for me.