Well it's about 22' X 36' X 8'. 1/2 is theater and the other 1/2 is a "bar" area. So its got a lot of air to move.

One thing that definitely impressed me about the EP500 was found in playing with the THX setup on a Star Wars DVD. I had already setup my receiver using its automated setup (i know, i know I need an SPL meter to do it right) but I thought it would be fun to see if it matched up to the THX stuff on this DVD. I went to the subwoofer cross over test where it sweeps from 200Hz to some down low frequency. It started off with a normal test tone and then went silent, at that same point though the glasses in my bar started to buzz as if some mysterious force was shaking them. Of course it was just the EP 500 showing off its low frequency response with some unaudable frequency...but it was still pretty cool.

I think you picked good word "nuance" because I'm certainly appreciating all the new wonderful sounds that my cheap old speakers couldn't reproduce. Overall I'm very happy with the other speakers in the system, but its pretty early to get too excited about them since I haven't even gotten any 7.1 audio pumped through them yet.

Time will tell. Perhaps I'll post some pictures so you guys can give me some feedback about how I have the room setup.