you guys crack me up, thanks for the reality check. I've managed to become one of those whiney post whores that I so hate on other forums.

I lugged the EP500 around a bit to a different part of the room and the difference was night and day. It must have been in some strange location. I felt much better when my wife told me the dishes in the cabinets were about to fall out. Mucho better. I need to continue to play with the receiver settings though. I suspect I should turn the sub volume way down and re run the auto calibration. Before I was running it at 1/2 volume. Right now I'm using a PS3 for the BluRay source via HDMI. I've played around with it's sound settings and I think I've got them right. I can't even use my old CD player because the bass causes it to skip now. LOL

Now, I digress. I still say the T-Brackets are a joke. My education and early years were spent as a mechanical engineer designing all sorts of brackets and gizmos for a bus company. Fact: it doesn't take 7 screws to hold a 10 lb speaker onto dry wall. 2 Screws mounted into the drywall with proper anchors is more than sufficient. Technically speaking a single screw can hold 150lbs in shear in 1/2" drywall. They did it right on the full metal bracket... these were definitely and afterthought. But no big deal... when installed with anchors they work well.

Later in life I switched to running a promotional marketing company. A gift with purchase is a must when you have a brand with a loyal following and a product that takes significant money and/or effort to obtain. Everyone on this forum would have been overjoyed to get a free Axiom audio shirt with their speaker order and would wear it on a daily basis with pride I suspect.

Again though, thanks for helping set me straight... I'm certain its only going to get better. I'm already eyeballing those new outdoor speakers for my deck.

Last edited by jwright350; 09/05/08 03:21 PM.