Found out the auto calibration was pulling -6db off the sub, not to mention there was a setting that was limiting the LFE output (presumably to keep people with wimpy subwoofers from blowing themselves up). That Elite 94TXH has so many freaking settings it boggles the mind. Manual calibration with an SPL meter is in my near future.

I actually had to take 3 pictures off the wall because I was afraid they were going to fall off. I'm a happy camper now with the EP500 set below 1/2 way on the level dial. Its truly amazing what some tweaking can do.

I'm also very impressed with the M80's, although this took some effort to get there. I discovered the tweeters weren't working on one of them. I pulled out one of them and discovered it's terminals weren't insulated and were touching the metal shield on the back. So I wrapped them in tape. That still didnt' work so I pulled the crossover out of the back and found that one of the large capacitors was loose on the PCB. Looks to me like they bent it over to get it to fit and broke the soldering loose. (this would be the large brown rectangular capacitor on the right hand top PCB). I just put a small piece of tape on it to test my assumption and it started working... maybe someday if it gives me problems I'll get the soldering iron out. I'm dissapointed that I had to do that type of work on the speaker to get it working... but it was worth it. The clarity is amazing and even with the volume up they put out gobs of sound without effort.

I think I'm about even now with the folks at Axiom. While I was a fool for not properly tweaking out my system before judging sound quality. They let me down on the quality control with a torn subwoofer, non working tweeters and cabinet damage. Thankfully all is well and I couldn't be happier with the end result.