Jwright350 If you haven’t yet check the volume that your recever set the subwoofer channel to when you ran the auto calibration. My Denon 2807 will set my EP500 to -5.5dB with the sub’s volume control dial set at the 6:30 position. It may be you got it just into the range that the receiver could lower the volume to get the sub down to what the receiver thinks it should be which usually sounds anemic to me.

I don’t think anyone is try to be rude but are just astonished. For example my room is 20x20x8 and with just my M80s running off my weak Denon I can cleanly get 95dB out of them at 2 meters. If I kick the EP500 into the mix they are all total putting out 108dB. Just for reference standing right under the jet I work on it only puts out 112dB with all 4 engines idling. If you gave the M80s 400 watts you could get them alone without the sub to play that loud at 2 meters with 3dB of headroom left.

As others have suggested try turning off any auto EQ and doing the “sub crawl” to find a good place for it.

You have some serious equipment there. As one reviewer put it the M80s are capable of playing cleanly at dangerous levels. So something sounds likes it’s amiss in the receivers setup. that’s one reason I don’t even use the auto calibration for anything more than setting speaker distances because I find that it sets things all wrong for my tastes.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1