Originally Posted By: jakewash
I concur with Fred, I think you NEED multiple subs Dave. Your room is VERY large and you are just having a hard time filling it up with low frequencies. I also suspect you would be greatly benefited from a much more powerful amp after my A1400 experience, but I know that isn't possible.......yet ;\)

Jay, Fred.
How many more than the 3 subs I have would you think I need? \:o

Jay, I am tetering on upgrading my AVR from the 1909 between 3808, 3310 and 4310. Mind you one of the new models would be a bigger stretch to the budget than a $1,000 +/- 3808 would be! Just waiting for the complete new Denon model specs to be announced so I can make an informed decision of value to features choice. Or did you mean a huge A1400 increase in power? If so, you are right, I will continue in the sub A1400 shadows, probably for the rest of my days. I can't understand the usefulness of comparing a high end $3800 A1400 amp to sub $1100-$1500 AVRs? To me, that's like telling someone shopping for a new Corvette, that they really need to try a Ferrari! Now I was at a party this afternoon, where the host happened to have a Ferrari in his garage. Maybe this logic would fit his situation. Actually it probably would, considering his Maserati was parked right next to the Ferrari! (an exec at my wife's company, not someone I rub elbows with in day to day life mind you. ;\) )

Last edited by davekro; 04/20/09 04:50 AM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."