Originally Posted By: GregLee
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
Dave, you mention you have 3 subs. Have you calibrated each of them one by one to 75dB, ...

I'm not sure he should be doing that. There have been some discussions on AVSforum and diyAudio recently of the Geddes approach to subs, which is (roughly, in my crude paraphrase) to even out bass response using a variety of sub types, placement, and volume-phase adjustments. Essentially, you place the subs and adjust them in whatever way works best.

Greg & Randy,

I will try the individual sub adjustment that so many recommend. But I wonder if that will ask the two KLH 10" 120watt subs to try to make the same volume as the Paradigm Servo 15. If that is the case they may distort when when heavy LFE demands are made. This case of using subs of such hugely different capacity may cause a problem in having the KLH's t6rying to produce the same peak SPLs as the Paradigm is capable of. I certainly will not tone down the Servo15 to the level the 120w subs can handle.

So would you expect with SPL matching that the cheaper subs may distort, thus causing me to turn there gain knob down anyway. Do you think with the diff, SQ subs I should still match their SPLs to the other speakers?

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."