Originally Posted By: dewd
Couple points to add to this discussion....

Changing the trim on the sub or the AVR will not alter what Audyssey has done unless you are using Dynamic EQ/Dynamic Volume. Both of these depend on the speakers being calibrated to 75 db.

Second, what your drummer friend may be used to hearing is a bloated midrange (think Honda Civic boom-booming up the street). What you get with Audyssey is a flat response. This is something most folks are not used to hearing. Think of your experience at a better movie theater and compare what you hear at home with that.

Dave,
I went to my friends house to hear the base in his system (he has one Servo 15a sub in a smaller room. Sure the room was a factor, and him having it near a corner too. But after coming back and raising my subs level, I did like the difference. I now feel free to adjust the sub level to my taste depending on the source material. As has been said many times here, what sounds best to you, is what ids right. I often enjoy prominent base as long as it blends well with the rest of the material. I am now understanding that I do not need to accept Audyssey's setting's as gospel. I feel it does an outstaning job of equalizing the sound to my particular room, but that adjusting to personal taste is acceptable... duh. Like I have said many times, I may be slow, but... ;\)

Last edited by davekro; 04/20/09 05:01 AM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."