Originally Posted By: jakewash
Unfortunately Dave, I am suggesting an amp of the same power range of the A1400, but as we have been mentioning there are some less costly alternatives. Luc, seems to be liking his Behringer and many others have the Crown XTI1000, much cheaper options to drive the M80s.

And I would also be looking at upgrading the other 2 subs to the same quality of the Paradigm. If they were able to contribute as much to the system as the Servo does you might find you won't need to run the Servo as high.

Just wondering how you calibrated all 3 subs? Maybe this is where the issue lies.

Each should have been calibrated to the same level as the speakers with the other subs off, then all 3 subs should then be turned on. This would net you 9db(is my math right?) gain. Audyssey isn't set up to handle multiple subs correctly. If the 9db is too much you could set each sub 1 db less than the speakers and achieve 6db gain, etc.

Jay, yes the two smaller subs don't really count as real subs. second used Servo 15 for $350 would be nice. \:\)

What I've done until now... I leave all on when Audyssey runs.

So the way you suggest. After running Audyssey (I just did with my new back brackets holding the back speakers mid ceiling), I turn off subs 2 & 3. Go into manual test tones to listen to each speaker. I'd use the subs volume knob to adjust the sub to match the SPL of the other speakers with the RS meter. Then repeat with #2 & #3. Is that correct? Then as now, I can still adjust the sub level on the fly with the Denon remote, correct?
Thanks, Dave

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."