I never said one method works better, please don't put words in my mouth. Your the one that said "I'm not sure he should be doing that". I was giving Dave ideas on how to manually calibrate his subs, then you jumped in. So one persons ideas rule out others that have been around much longer? I studied and practiced the Geddes method as I like to tweak things to get the best results. Although he makes it sound easy, it is not if you follow Mark's website. Most people do not have the equipment required in an FFT Real Time Analyzer, those cost money and you can't use REW or other free products, they are not the same.

I also never referenced my subs in my statements or said you had to have expensive subs to calibrate them. I was only telling Dave how to calibrate multiple subs manually, prior to running Audyssey. These methods weren't born yesterday, and have been referenced by true AV experts for years and can be used on any subs, no matter the cost.

My graph shows the end result after calibrating each sub individually, and placing them centered on the walls per Welti's Harmon papers. Can I see a graph of your room that has less deviation, less than 10dB?

Below is a "before" graph with just the EP600 and no room treatments, I see a huge improvement to FR by adding the additional subs and a few FRZ's and basstraps. All that was done was calibrate the subs to 75dB's with an spl meter and place them at the midpoint of opposite walls, pretty easy. At least I don't have to put one above the center line like Geddes suggests, or not use treatments like he disregards.

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85