Originally Posted By: GuitarStv
Belief that scientists around the world are part of some global conspiracy regarding climate change shows very poor understanding of the fundamental tenants of science, and the way that it is practiced.

I think I have a pretty good grasp of both the tenets and the tenants of science.

The tenets should be practiced in such a way that the tenants have no vested interest in the results. Unfortunately, ongoing funding for research in climate change is contingent upon proof of not only climate change, but also that the change is bad and that modifying human behavior can make it less bad. Jobs are at stake. Sweeping that little detail under the rug completely ignores the real economic needs of the scientific community and also basic human nature.

I know a few scientists. They are people, too.

Oh, and Gaia theorist James Lovelock gets less hysterical.

Quote:
He still believes that climate change is a real and present danger but that its effects will probably be longer-term and less clear cut than was thought even a decade ago.

Good article.

You know, "balance" is a good thing, and let's not have The Perfect be the enemy of The Good, and all that.

Originally Posted By: GuitarStv
A simple "I made it all up" would suffice...either way rational debate has clearly come to a close.

Well, since you put it that way, I guess you're right.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem