Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
With unfettered human population growth, I'm sure that mankind will have an increasing role in adversely affecting the world's climate; however, what annoys many people like me is how mankind's unproven, supposedly detrimental activities have been presented by the 'gurus' - mostly in an irresponsible & alarmist manner over the past decade.

Having a good sh*t filter is an essential life skill. Filter the alarmists on both sides and look at what is left.

There is plenty of direct evidence of how we have been affecting local climates for a very long time. It is not much of a leap to look at possible global consequences. Given the complexity of global climate, it is no surprise that

Quote:

The scam of international wealth redistribution programs through Carbon Taxes, Credits, Offsets, or whatever, that have been proposed by these folks certainly isn't the answer either. Sadly, the potential for these funds going to nefarious entities is all too real. After all, Mr Mugabe, an avid environmentalist (ha!), was at the Copenhagen conference with his hand out hoping for a windfall of green dollars to come flowing his way. Thankfully he never received any from our government as we didn't sign on to that nonsense...

TAM

And if you listen to the more rational voices on the global warming side, they will agree with you. Carbon credits are a 'sound bite' solution. That does not invalidate the base research on global warming.

Pointing at the global warming crowd and claiming its all about the money seems a strange argument to me. There is exponentially more money being made pumping oil, digging coal and fracking shale. If small money is corrupting the soul of all science, it is surely exponentially corrupting the soul of all 'big energy'.

It is getting warmer alarmingly fast. As fast as the worst warming events in history like say, when volcanos were erupting faster than zits on a teenager's face. Sure, when volcanos erupt the spew a lot of stuff into the atmosphere. That could accelerate global warming. Problem is, there is no zitfest going on this time. Red herring. The same can be applied to most of the stuff coming from the anti global warming side.

After you filter all the sh*t from both sides, the best evidence still points to human induced warming.

Ya, I know 2x6, the sky is falling. Not really. I'm an optimistic guy. Even if the worst is true and we manage to kill ourselves off, the cockroaches and bacteria will manage just fine. They'll most likely be partying hearty long after we are gone as a species, whatever our final end.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!