CatBrat, your article comes from the web site of Creation Today. Here is their "About Us":

Creation Today (CT) is a leading Christian-apologetics ministry, defending the literal interpretation of the Genesis creation account from the theory of evolution (see our Statement of Faith).

So, they have an agenda to defend Biblical literalism from evolution. They have drawn their conclusion before they begin their work. They are trying to fit the facts to their theory (faith), rather than looking at the available data/current evidence and then coming up with a theory/conclusion to explain what has been observed, which is how modern science, when done properly, does things.

I am not saying that it is bad to have faith in a higher power. But I am saying that if you are going to go with a literal interpretation of the Bible as an unassailable beginning point of reference, then you are going to be useless as a scientist.

I suggest you read this link. It explains how other isotopes are more relevant for determining the age of fossils and the Earth.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.