Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
I don't think your statement is true, Jack, and I don't think you can back it up.
Well, I certainly could never back it up to your satisfaction. Fortunately, there is no need to. You've proved it to MY satisfaction and that is all that is necessary. After all, it is you who are throwing out all the insults (calling people elitists and implying that anyone who would agree with Peter does so only to raise their post count) simply because they disagree with your point of view.

Yes, Peter has risen to your bait, probably much more than he is proud of. Me too. But then, you are a master baiter.

You state "I just don't understand why you [Peter] think that just because I posted a topic which challenges beliefs you hold to be true is hostile or looking for a fight or otherwise disagreeable.
" I can't answer for Peter, of course, but In your first post you said, "Global warming ... today's Lysenkoism, brought to you by political elites who silence dissenting scientific voices." To me, this implies that anyone who believes global warming is real is, at best, a dupe of political elites, or at worst, one of those political elites interested in silencing those who do not believe it is real. You don't think that is looking for a fight or disagreeable? OY!

It is YOU who started this controversial thread with a shot across the bow of any who don't see it your way. It is YOU who appears, to my eyes, to have the goal of sucking all the life out of this forum and rendering it inert and quiet. To accuse others of this is projection.

Will that back up my statement to your satisfaction? NAH! It satisfies me. I can only hope it satisfies others.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton