Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I've been lurking here for over 2 years. My name is Nick. I'm from B.C. Canada. I'm 29 years old.

I have been a stereo and home theater enthusiast ever since my dad gave me my first pair of speakers(wharfedale) when I was 10.

My dad and lots of his family are always buying and selling used equipment. I've been through a decent amount of used equipment in my life. Wharfedale, Cerwin Vega, B&W, Bose, Sound Dynamics, Polk, Paradigm etc.

The only new speakers I've ever bought were when I was 19. I bought Paradigm's monitor 90p's. I really enjoyed those speakers.

I've only owned a used subwoofer once. Subwoofers are new territory for me. I have found a lot of great information on this site regarding this.

My current setup is pretty lackluster. My fronts are Cerwin Vega D9's, my rears are some sound dynamic bookshelf type speakers and my center is an old paradigm. All used, mismatched equipment. The cerwin vegas pound pretty good, but they sound quite muddy in my opinion. I try to negate this by slightly tweaking the equalizer I have them running through.

I run these speakers with a Yamaha RX-V1070 and a Rotel RMB-1095. I'm in need of a new a/v receiver for sure. My dad just bought a pioneer and I'm seriously considering buying one myself. Any thoughts on this?

I'm very happy with my Rotel though.

Sitting in my basement I also have 2 pairs of Realistic Mach One's and couple paradigm bookshelf speakers. I'm not really using them at the moment.

Onto better things...

It's high time I treated myself to something new and fresh. If all goes as planned, I'm going to be starting a new job next month and receiving a pension payout from the old job. I'm going to outright buy the Axiom M80 system.

I'm really questioning the EP800 subwoofer though. What are guys thoughts on the SVS PB12-plus or the PB13 ultra when compared to the EP800? They seem to be built very solid and the reviews are amazing. I found a few comparisons to the EP800 through google and it seems the SVS is the way to go when it comes to price. I have no doubt the EP800 is great, it just seems it should be cheaper. I can afford the EP800 no problem, but it "seems" like I'm getting more bang for my buck with the SVS line, no?

This is the setup I see happening:

2 Axiom M80's
2 Axiom Qs8
1 Axiom vp180
1 SVS pb12 or pb13
Rotel RMB-1095
Pioneer VSX-42
Oppo bdp-103

later on, i'd like to add more power amps, perhaps emotiva?

Compared to the equipment I'm used to, how do you think I'll like a setup like this? Any suggestions or tweaks?

I love to listen to lots of old classic rock and acoustic material. I can appreciate any genre though, especially if it sounds incredible. I'm a huge fan of testing the limits of a system with movies too. I'm starting to collect a decent blu ray library.

Well, I just want to say thanks in advance. smile I'm very excited.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57