Quote:
imply connecting an amplifier with a higher maximum output rating does nothing. If a speaker such as the M80 is using about 1 watt for a comfortably loud average level, 1 watt is all that it's being fed, regardless of whether the amplifier can output a max of 10 watts, 100 watts or 1000 wat

Quote:
This is why blind listening tests have to make careful adjustments so that the volume is matched within 0.1dB for the units under test. Louder gives an impression of being better, rather than just louder.

That was well said. See, I'm really in the dark about some things. I've learned more in the past month online through this site and many others. What you said makes perfect sense.

I've always thought it was a good thing to be able to feed a speaker what it is rated for. In this case, I thought it would be ideal to be feeding each m80 as close to 400 watts each as possible.

Just to feed my curiousity and thirst for knowledge a little more...

Why is it that SO many people who own m80's run seperate power amps?

Is it just because people don't know any better?(kind of like the people who think that biwiring/biamping makes a difference?...well biamping without taking the crossovers out that is)

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57