Originally Posted By: exlabdriver
Just about all subs from reputable companies are fantastic performers & are all competitive with each other. There is a lot of technology that produces awesome clean bass output .

My twin mid-fi 10" Velodynes in my HT shake & rattle my house with authority & often to annoyance - buzzing & rattling furnace ducting inside the walls & ceilings just doesn't sound very good. I wouldn't want anymore, but that's just me.

It often comes down to features, aesthetics & price point.

Axioms generally are thought to be very musical (whatever that means) & to me, my EP-400 has that in spades, especially considering its diminutive size. For me, I didn't want to live with another black cube in my living room.

For HT, a bigger sub or preferably 2 would be best...

TAM

hmm another person on the musical quality of the axiom sub. Thank you.

And I love earth rumbling, make my house fall apart, bass when it comes to HT. I'm very new to the subwoofer world.

I was reading that having two subs can be difficult to setup because it's difficult to get them in phase with the other speakers while trying to get them in phase with each other. Any merit to this?

If I was to go that route, I could get the Axiom M80 system with 2 ep500 subs for $5,432.39. Would these give me more thunderous bass then a single ep800 or a single SVS pb13-ultra? My understanding is that adding an extra subwoofer only distribute more even bass to the room.

Last edited by Mad_Chesser; 01/11/13 07:00 PM.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57