Hello and thanks for the great reply.

You are totally right. Later on after I posted that, I started looking at the receiver's specs more closely and realized exactly what you stated, no pre outs. Thanks for letting me know. I would have felt stupid if I bought that. lol

If I go Pioneer, it will have to be the SC series. They are pricy.

I find your take on Audyssey very informative. I would think sub level is important too. I will definitely start looking around. Thanks again. Great input I'm getting here.

Onto the "power amps" comment I made earlier. My Rotel is rated at 330w @ 4ohm. While this is more then sufficient, I've always liked to have lots of head room. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but I've always swore it makes a difference. Maybe it just makes my penis feel bigger. haha. In either case, I was thinking on either a 2 channel or 3 channel power amplifier, dedicated to the fronts. Another company I'm new to, emotiva, seems very nicely priced. Xpa2 seems really nice.

It's definitely not a must have. I'll be very happy with the Rotel for now. Just something for down the road, perhaps.

I need to focus on a new receiver and a new player. I've heard great things about Oppo on these boards. Any others I should look at?

For the type of receiver I'm looking for, I can expect to pay around a 1000. ouch. lol Here's one example perhaps?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/d...3b6607a297ben02

I should make note I'm looking for a 7.2 channel for future expansion. All these speakers and equipment are literally something that's going to be with me for a long long time, which is why I'm being a little OCD about it all wink

cb919: no, I never considered a 3rd m80 for a center. How is this cheaper? I think for general aesthetics and WAF, I'll be going horizontal, the vp180. Thought about even downgrading to the vp160 to save some space, but I doubt it.

Last edited by Mad_Chesser; 01/12/13 05:35 AM.

2 Axiom M80s v3-custom
1 Axiom VP160 v3-custom
2 Axiom QS10HP
2 Cerwin Vega CMX 12's
Pioneer SC-57