Right now I have carved out a 23x25' space in the basement. The room is not perfect and has a 1' jog on one of the walls. The ceiling height is not uniform, with 8'2 on the low portion of the ceiling, and 8'10 on the heigh. There is the HVAC return air ducting that when boxed in will be 7'6 but that will be along the back wall of the room.
There is a single small window on the side where the speakers and amp will be located. Also this room as the 200amp electrical panel and 3 other connecting room doors. (furnace, workout and cold storage room)
The floors are going to be planton(dimplex)with 3/4" plywood and 5/8 solid walnut plank flooring. I will have some form of area rug on the floor. The walls will be double offset for interior with Roxhul safe'n'sound. I am planning to do some sound isolation on the ceiling too.

But again, the room has not even been started, and exactly how it is built will be designed after I know what is going inside.

I was thinking about a projector, but I will probably be far happier with a 60" LED TV as I cannot get total darkness for the room. (WAF)

I am planning to build movable sound damping panels for the walls myself, and thinking of the same idea for the ceiling. I am told I may need a bass trap (no idea what that is).

I would like to eventually get an EP500 with 2 or 4 QS8 for surround. Right now I do have a Mirage PB8 and a set of Energy Take5.2 (2003).

I like most everything except RAP. I really like classical, 80s synth bands, Blue/Jazz like Holly Cole, or Cowboy Junkies. Quite ekletic. Movies, I am a syfi action buff, hence the EP500 on my list.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5