Originally Posted By: oakvillematt
I would have hoped that those who will buy axiom product would not be snooty highfalutin who want to spend time judging others against what they feel is correct.

I guess I was wrong, and this forum is full of the same people that drove me from the other forum.

Dakkon, consider yourself called out for being a SNOOT! With your first paragraph I am to take it that you would prefer a title like:

HT Receiver or pre amp and a Power Amp recommendations to make my newly bought Axiom M80v4 and VP180v3 speakers sound good.

if you feel the need to criticize people.. DON'T. just turn off the computer and go listen to your music and keep your opinion to yourself. If you would like to help, then how about answering the specific question.. (if you took the time to actually read the original post!)

I really don’t have time for BS’ing on forums anymore, and generally just do a quick scan of posts that I might be interested in. But, this forum has been a haunt of mine for many years. I’ve seen a lot of members come and go. I’ve seen a lot of BS. Dakkon has been around for quite a while. I have not EVER seen him say anything condescending. If anything, he has always been helpful and informative. In fact, I am most likely considered one the snobs around here, but it isn’t because of my tastes in AV gear. Pretty much every forum regular is what I call, “Frugal”, and “Questioning”. They don’t buy into $1000 speaker cables, or that $10,000 Macintosh amps “sound” better.

So….You sir, are way off the mark. If anything, you appear to me as someone who might just be a bit sensitive.

And Axioms are not “bright”. That’s bullshiit. Even the older Ti models where not bright, and they are definitely more “detailed” than the V2’s and V3’s.

If I were in your shoes, I’d be looking at a two channel amp. 200wpc unit to drive the M80’s, then let the AVR drive the remainder of speakers. I have found the M80’s to really like power for the extra head room during those intense action scenes in movie watching. You can find some good, used amps like Rotel for a song.