Originally Posted By: oakvillematt

My thought is that using those online calculators either proves that Axiom is totally falsifying the requirements on their specifications web page, or the calculations are all wrong.

If any thing Axioms spec's are under rated.

You may have misunderstood the spec's, you do not need to turn them up any louder than you prefer.

You will want to set up your entire system around your preferred volume.

75-85 seems to be average for theaters, myself I've experienced amazing sound from "just barley audible" all the way up to "I should know better but it sounds so good".

The amp will come in handy when your friends and or kids get the remote. Think of it as an insurance policy. I've found friends who like to hear music "too loud" have no sense when it comes to how loud it might actually be in the room. The only distortion you'll hear will be from the content, until you run out of amp.

Any one else consider we're basically listening to someone else' distortion most of the time? I've had some crazy stuff played in my system, old and new, and on multiple occasions thought I'd damaged something only to change the song and have crystal clear sound again.

I love these things.

Last edited by brwsaw; 05/09/14 04:01 PM.