Thanks you all for the replies, I enjoyed reading the debate. You all had some good points that were relevant to my situation.

My stuff is pretty old, think I got it a few years before I left Virginia... and that was 11 years ago!

Would love to have been able to hear your stuff Mojo... my axioms are pretty much all I have ever heard. I have one buddy with a decent setup for movies, everyone else I know has a damn sound bar. I figured maybe my m80s wouldn't work in the room, but thought the ports may help. You guys even addressed something I didn't post, which was what if I cut off some of the drivers/tweeters inside. 😁

I am probably an due for an upgrade, but definitely didn't want to. I didn't really think speaker "technology" improved enough to warrant an upgrade if I already had something that was good. I will say I am surprised that a new sub may be in order, as Socketman guessed, I wasn't looking to have to buy all new stuff yet. I had come to terms with most likely needing a new LCR before posting on here, this was more so a last ditch let me see what options I have from the knowledge of those who know more than I. Subs will probably have to stay for awhile. I will probably buy some KEF q100s for now and see how they compare with my m80s in the room and use whatever works best till I can do a full upgrade.

Thank you all again very much.