I was responding to the quality of your analogy, Michael. It's obvious from your response, the satisfaction you derive from your muscle car is unrelated to how fast you drive it since by your admission, the roads suck, implying you can't open it up to exercise its full potential. I can only surmise therefore it satisfies you in a different way.

Similarly, I've met people who have extremely capable speakers in rooms that don't permit that capability to be exploited. In fact, in those rooms, the auditory presentation would tremendously benefit from smaller and less expensive speakers. The larger speakers look majestic however and the price reflects their exclusivity. When I broach the subject of better quality sound, it becomes very apparent sound is of secondary importance to these people. Status comes first smile.

Chaos asked if the M80s are too big for his room. This implies he wants to know about the quality of the sound. I circle back therefore to the quality of your analogy and my subsequent rebuttal.

Also note Michael, he's in a 12 foot by 11 foot room and not 12x16 like yours. Out of curiosity, are your M80s placed along your 16 foot wall or 12 foot wall?

BTW, Chaos is a smart man. He read the various arguments and decided to test out his M80s against KEF100s. I am very interested in his opinion.