I do not poses an audiphile's vocabulary skills to articulate in a meaningfully way that would describe what I found lacking in the M22's..... In my woefully inadaquate words.....they lacked mid range punch. Even with moderate dynamic scenes, they always left me feeling as if I were missing something. Hope that makes sense. The M60's were better, but I still found them lacking as well. When I dropped the M80's in the room, I found my happy place. And that was even before running through the calibration process.

No, I have not ever tried placing the M22's on the adjacent wall. My screen is mounted on the 12' wall (it's a 8' wide 2.35 screen with an anamorphic CIH set up). However, I do have the M22's in my loft study/reading area that is 10' x 14'. I sit about 8' from them, and use them with a two channel Rotel amp/pre amp set up. No sub, just mellow relaxing music, usually classical to help me concentrate on my post grad studies that can be painfully boring. I have no complaints and find them quite pleasurable in that capacity. I like them more than my M3's in the same application.