Blair, I tried everything man. I don't know if you're aware but the port on the old EP600 was actually a long, wide duct that snaked up to the top of the 600 and back down. I stuffed the mouth of that duct as best as I could. I tried many things over the years. It's all over now with the new 800 but it will take some time for the nightmares to dissipate. My pain will be somewhat alleviated when I FedEx it back to Axiom on Monday.

As you say though, it might be worth for chaos to try wiping the grin off the face of his 500s. He might lose a few Hz of low end but it might make it much better for music.

Interestingly enough, one of my buddies has an SVS PB-1000. I've been trying to get him to let me tune it better but he said it was "good enough". When he heard my 800, he wanted to toss his SVS and finally let me play with it. I re-positioned it and tuned it and it definitely sounded much better but when I stuffed the port and re-tuned it, it was like night and day for music. Movies are good too because his room is small. He's now crafted a gorgeous plug out of styrofoam. It's still no 800 but he's happy enough with the improved sound he'll forego the 800...for now. smile

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated