I tried toeing in...and out smile. The response is more "natural" pointed straight ahead.

I hear drums a few inches behind singers when they should be many feet behind. Instruments and voices are present across the entire soundstage and I can clearly point to them but they are all in 2-d...on the same plane. Not good!

I tried bringing them into the room more but that negatively affects the soundstage width and does nothing to the depth.

Here's something interesting. When I had my Bose 601s set up in the same room, I had a ton of depth and width. There were so many other problems though and I prefer the M80s by a long shot. The 601s have made terrific surround speakers though at a my good buddy's place.

Ian says I need LFRs and maybe so although I am not sold on them even though as an engineer I appreciate what he and Andrew did and I'm envious smile. I was really hoping M100s would do the trick. That's why in a previous post I said I'd love to hear from those who moved from 60s or 80s to 100s and I was hoping their feedback would be less about bass and more SPL and more about improved soundstage especially depth.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated