Good Morning,

Over the last two weeks while running the new M5HP speakers on the Onkyo TX-NR6050, the receiver will make a random click noise every now and again. The sound is like the click noise it makes when you turn it off and on, so it sound like a relay flipping. When I watch tv or movies, it rarely ever clicks, but when I am listening to louder music, it will click every few minutes especially if there is a higher amount of bass in the sound.

The click is low volume, but its enough to hear it and its coming directly from the receiver and not through the speakers. I checked the settings of the receiver for an eco mode, but the receiver doesnt have anything like that. It does have an impedance selector which is 6 or above or 4. I have it set to 6 and above.

Is this normal for a receiver to make this sound in the middle of playing sound with no changes to the sound type or anything?

Should I request a replacement receiver and test that one to see if it makes the sound as well? It looks like costco will send me a new one and I can just return the old to the warehouse within 30 days.

Thank you.