Originally Posted by Mojo
I'm aware that some receivers "click" during commercial breaks as the sound changes from 5.1 during the program to stereo during the commercial. A clicking during music playback as you describe is not right.

I am curious if the clicking will go away when the setting is 4 Ohms. Can you try that?

I'm also curious what source you are using for music.

Thank you.

I can try changing the ohm setting to 4 later tonight and see if that makes any difference. It doesn't really happen when watching tv, but I am streaming content anyway without commercials.

I am using HDMI EARC to run the audio from the TV to the receiver. Lately I have just been using Youtube to listen to music. Last night when I was testing it, I turned up the volume to a point where the music is loud, but not overpowering and it would start clicking every so often, sometimes every few minutes like when the music became more demanding. Listening to the same music, I turned down the volume to lower levels and the clicks stop.

I have stood by the receiver to see if the music was changing from like stereo to surround etc and I don't see any changes on the receiver status screen to indicate the type of sound is changing when it clicks.
Its been doing this since I got the receiver.