Originally Posted by Hambrabi
My Onkyo TX-SR393 AVR also clicks randomly. It's a relay switch, and after perusing multiple forums, apparently they all do it. There's no rhyme or reason, it just does, and it's not a warranty issue nor necessarily a design defect.

Dolby Digital was the missing piece that brought audio nirvana to my home; the M5HP was barely an upgrade from my already very good Kanto Yumi. There just isn't any music where I prefer stereo over 5.1 channel audio.

I don't do DTS:X though, it adds unwanted equalization.

Yeah I saw this mentioned in some other Onkyo posts on the web as well that it seems they do this, but not specific to the model I have. Its something I wont notice after a while, but I am just concerned there might be a problem later down the line if its not normal.

The receiver is setup in a 2 channel setting right now. I literally only have the two speakers right now with a center coming eventually when axiom ships it.

I wonder what the loudness compensation setting is called on the receiver settings. I will play around with the settings later to see if anything I do will stop it.

Nice thing is that I got this form costco, so I can pretty much return it at any point if I wanted. I might get a second unit to see if the other unit does this as well.