In reply to:

Not all of us metal heads are pot smoking, half deaf, brain dead criminals that are unable to distinguish what sounds good or bad.

Unfortunately Mike (mdrew) that is what most people think about somebody who listens to metal - I don't know why, but (especially here in USA) when they think of somebody who listens to metal they assume some kind of Ozzy biting bat's head off!!!! I love this music, I am raised with it and have no need to argue that the artist quality and musicianship equals that of any other performers, in classic, country, jazz etc. There is so much to listen to in a metal recording and I am not talking about the "hair" stuff of Motley crue, cinderella, and alike.

As a matter of fact I love my axioms. I chose them first for my music, I knew they were bright, but I kinda liked some brightness in my music, a certain feeling of "punch" that they give to metal. However, sibilance is a different issue and I don't like it.

It's true some recordings sound aweful, such Crystal Eyes's "World of Black and Silver". Some just sound great such as Gaia Epicus' "Symphony of Glory" and latest I got Children of Bodom's "Hatebreeder". I enjoy listening to every detail (except for those god damn S's), and yes, I do like those crisp highs.

And please, do think that you need a good speaker to listen to metal. It is a music, has instruments, melody, not noise, has vocals and band members are really musicians, not crazy people under drug effects. I like to think that nowdays, metal artist posses the best musical creativity of all genres, they are actually composing something....

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3