Mark,
I could list a dozen other bands/groups if you wish, but I’m thinking it will be a waste of time. And Green Day is considered Alt Rock, which the vast majority of the population would consider metal. So I made no exception there. You, and others, will argue a point to no end and make exceptions to prove your points are valid. I have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you, or anyone else over opinions.

And I do not, did not downplay recordings, or how they are mastered. Read my post again, slower. Try to read it in its entirety, not just pick out pieces that you wish to disagree with.

Why not just stick to the facts? They are bright. There’s really no way around that. Call them “detailed” if that adjective rolls off your tongue better, makes no difference to me, they both have the same meaning. I’m not complaining about that fact either. However, I think there is room for improvement. That’s what R&D is all about, making things better to stay on top of your game. Axiom would be doing themselves an injustice if they choose to believe that their product can not be improved. And anyone who supports their product is also doing them an injustice by not giving them frank and honest input.

So one more time, just to make it clear….….I like my speakers. Love them actually, and will recommend them over and over again. But I will also be telling people that they may not like them depending on whether they like bright speakers or not. And, if all they listen to is Pop/Metal/Alt Rock, then they probably will not like Axioms. And I will not be telling people they won’t like them because these particular genre’s are recording badly. That is a crock of ……something stinky.

And as a disclaimer, written words of disagreement always sound harsher then they are intended. I mean no offence, if my written tone implies that. I’m more of a technical writer than a letter writer. In other words, I don’t know how to show emotion or friendly disagreement.