In reply to:

I mean no offence, if my written tone implies that.

None taken Mike.

I don't think our points of view are that far from each other. If you had ever read my "Mother" post, you'll kno that I went through the same "these are bright" feelings for months actually. The conclusion I came to though, is that if my 60s sound bright with many pop/rock/metal recordings, yet sound wonderful with many jazz, classical and some rock recordings that are generally considered "excellent" or "reference" recordings the logical assumption (to me) is that it's more likely that those "reference" recordings are not recorded "dull" and I assume that THEY should be the standards by which I judge these speakers. I've done video productions where I've recorded Cello performances through a higher-end Rode large-diaphragm mic though a very nice (tube!!) mic preamp and straight into a good, pro Tascam DAT recorder. No compression, no EQ. And when I play it back on my M60s, it sounds just like the hall did that evening.....

I've mentioned many times here that I'm surprised/dismayed/disappointed in the general quality of music releases out there in ALL genres. I've spent a good amount of time listening to everything from the Ramones and Dead Kennedys in the early days through the Bad Brains, Red Hot Chili Peppers/Dave Navarro, Filter, Audioslave and NIN nails in more recent years. I have nothing against heavier rock/heavy metal or Alt of any kind... and I have no prejudices against those who listen to music such as this.

But if you ask me which types of music are the best assesment of a speakers accuracy.......

Now, that doesn't mean for a moment that I wouldn't hesitate to maybe recommend a different speaker than the M60 or M22 to someone who listens to a lot of heavier or older stuff.

We're cool, Mike. Like I said, I don't think we're really all that far apart in our opinions. I just lean a little more towards the recording/source quality rather than the speaker itself.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::